Who we are
Friends of Pangbourne Primary School (formally the Parent Teacher Association) have successfully raised thousands of pounds to purchase equipment and learning resources that the school could not otherwise afford, such as the new library, school pianos, staging, bike shed, computers, interactive white boards, library books, projectors etc.
We have now raised enough to buy a new minibus, which will be purchased in the Autumn term 2016.
We organise fundraising events such as the Pangbourne 10k Race, annual Firework Fiesta, Fetes, Plant sales, Discos, Cake sales Raffles and lots of other fun events.
All parents are automatically members are we welcome anyone in the local area who would like to support our school.
Our aim is to advance the education of pupils in the school by:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school;
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils.
How we help
- 2015 Firework Fiesta - raised around £10,000
- 2015 Pangbourne 10k run - raised £5,000
- 2015 Village Fete BBQ - raised £1,100
FOPPS' fundraising has purchased:
- The conversion of a classroom to a purpose-built library
- A new school minibus
- Pianos for school
- Regular contributions for transport for Christmas Theatre trip and year 6 trip
- Regular contributions for each class to spend as they wish
- Outdoor stage
- Junior hall stage
- Bike Shed
- Contribution to ICT Network including 46 computers
- Key Stage 1 veranda
- Read Write Inc Materials
- Interactive white boards
- Library books and Reading Books
- PE equipment and Playground toys, skipping ropes
- Children's kitchen equipment
- Climbing frame for school field and playground
- New school stage
- Projector and screen
- and lots more...
FOPPS can now claim Gift Aid on any donations and this significantly increases the value of your donation to us at no additional cost to yourself.
Committee, Charity and Constitution
We need your help!
FOPPS has a dynamic committee of volunteers, but we need more volunteers. Can you help us?
There are lots of ways in which we can all help to support fundraising for Pangbourne Primary School, as well the smaller fundraising activities; FOPPS currently puts on three main events in the academic year:
- September: Pangbourne 10K Run
- November: Fireworks Fiesta
- June: BBQ Stall at the Pangbourne Village Fete
From putting up posters, serving refreshments on a stall, helping build the bonfire for the Firework Fiesta, or to marshal at the 10K run in Sulham Woods, FOPPS asks all parents to get involved either in the run up to an event by joining the Event Committee or by signing up to help on the day.
FOPPS is a registered charity: 1067731