Who we are
Friends of Pangbourne Primary School (formally the Parent Teacher Association) have successfully raised thousands of pounds to purchase equipment and learning resources that the school could not otherwise afford, such as the conversion of a classroom into a new library, school pianos, staging, a bike shed, computers, interactive white boards, library books and projectors.
We have now raised enough to buy a new minibus, which will be purchased in the Autumn term 2016.
We organise community fundraising events such as the Pangbourne 10k Race, annual Firework Fiesta and BBQ at the Pangbourne Village Fete. For pupils and parents at the school, we run cake sales, Christmas crafts, raffles, Sunshine Fridays Ice Cream sales, and lots of other fun events.
All parents and guardians are automatically members of FOPPS, and we welcome anyone in the local area who would like to support our school.
Our aim is to advance the education of pupils in the school by:
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school;
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils.
How we help
FOPPS currently runs three big fundraising activities during the year. In the last year, these events raised significant funds:
- 2015 Firework Fiesta - raised over £10,000
- 2016 Pangbourne 10k run - raised over £5,000
- 2016 Village Fete BBQ - raised over £1,500
FOPPS' fundraising has purchased:
- The conversion of a classroom to a purpose-built library
- A new school minibus
- Pianos for school
- Regular contributions for transport for Christmas Theatre trip and year 6 trip
- Regular contributions for each class to spend as they wish
- Junior hall stage
- Bike Shed
- Contribution to ICT Network including 46 computers
- Key Stage 1 veranda
- Interactive white boards
- Library books and Reading Books
- PE equipment and Playground equipment
- Children's kitchen equipment
- Climbing frame for school field and playground
- and lots more...
FOPPS can now claim Gift Aid on any donations and this significantly increases the value of your donation to us at no additional cost to yourself.
Committee, Charity and Constitution
We need your help!
FOPPS has a dynamic committee of volunteers, but we need more volunteers. Can you help us?
There are lots of ways in which we can all help to support fundraising for Pangbourne Primary School. We welcome any assistance, from putting up posters, serving refreshments on a stall, helping build the bonfire for the Firework Fiesta, or to marshal at the 10K run in Sulham Woods. FOPPS welcomes all parents and guardians to get involved either in the run up to an event, by joining the Event Committee or by signing up to help on the day.
FOPPS is a registered charity: 1067731